The below agreement outlines the terms and conditions associated with hiring resources from East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L. This agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales & ACT.
It will be the hirer’s responsibility to:
- Pay hire charges before loaning the equipment;
- Operate, maintain and store the equipment strictly in accordance with any instruction provided by East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L, with due care and diligence, only for its intended use and in accordance with any manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations whether supplied by East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L or posted on the equipment as to the operation, storage and maintenance thereof.
- Maintain the equipment in reasonable condition;
- Clean the equipment thoroughly before returning to East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L;
- The equipment will only be used by the hirer, and will only be used for its intended purpose;
- Not re-loan the equipment nor sell, assign, sub-let, lend, pledge, mortgage-let or hire the equipment without East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L permission;
- Assume any loss or damage to the equipment (fair wear and tear excluded) during the hire period. If there is a breakdown or failure with the equipment, the hirer must notify East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L and not attempt to repair the equipment.
- The hirer agrees that the use of the equipment carriers with it dangers and risks or injury and the hirer agrees to accept all dangers and risks. The equipment shall not be used by anyone other than the hirer without the express permission of East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L.
|The maximum loan period is 7 days. For longer loans, prior approval must be sought from East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L. The hiring of the equipment will commence from the commencement date specified in the schedule attached and continue for the term specified in the schedule. The hirer agrees to return the equipment to the address specified on or before the date outlined in the attached schedule. If the equipment is not returned by the due date, a daily charge of $50 plus the hire rate will apply for every day overdue.|
Termination of Agreement
East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L may terminate this agreement:
- At any time by giving the hirer 24 hours? notice of such intention to terminate;
- Without notice if the hirer commits a breach of any terms of this agreement, or if a winding-up petition is presented against the hirer, or if the hirer goes into liquidation or bankruptcy. East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L will only charge the hire fee up to and including the time or repossession.
- The hirer accepts full responsibility of the security of the equipment while in your possession and indemnify East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L for any loss, theft or damage to the equipment howsoever caused whether or not such loss, theft or damage is attributable or not to your own negligence, failure or omission;
- The hirer accepts full responsibility for and indemnifies East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L against all claims in respect of any injury to persons, or loss or damage to property arising out of the delivery, servicing, storage, possession or use of the equipment during the hire period however arising, whether arising from your negligence or that of your employees or agents and without limiting the forgoing whether or not the equipment was being operated by your employee or agent;
- The parties agree that, in the event the hirer suffers any loss or damage howsoever arising as a result of any delay or inconvenience caused by the breakdown, failure or any defect in the equipment, East Coast Trailers & Horse Floats P/L liability will be limited, at our discretion, to the repair of the equipment and is not to include any economic or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever.
|To the extent permitted by law, the owner disclaims all liability for and does not give any warranties to the hirer as to the condition of the equipment.|